POSITION TITLE: Communications Director
LOCATION: Nashville, TN (will consider hybrid/virtual candidates)
ORGANIZATION: International Bluegrass Music Association
The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA), is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that exists to connect and educate bluegrass industry professionals, empower the bluegrass community and to promote and market the genre worldwide. Formed in 1985, IBMA has evolved into a thriving organization that boasts more than 2,200 members in 50 states and 30 countries around the world who are passionately involved in the business and community of bluegrass music.
The association offices are in Nashville, TN, and IBMA is responsible for the industry’s largest event – IBMA World of Bluegrass, a combination business conference, artist showcase, awards show, and music festival, which is held annually in Raleigh, NC. IBMA believes that diversity and inclusion are essential to the well- being and continued growth of bluegrass music and communicates with members and the entire bluegrass community in various ways, including press releases, website posts, newsletters, and social media channels that have more than 120,000 combined followers.
The IBMA is the non-profit music association that connects, educates, and empowers bluegrass professionals and enthusiasts, honoring tradition and encouraging innovation in the bluegrass community worldwide.
- Establish and implement a multi-channel communications strategy
- Prepare and manage all communications material
- Help develop IBMA’s voice and visibility and maintain brand integrity across all platforms
- Create, schedule, and manage all social media activities
- Manage the IBMA websites and their content
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions
- Manage media relations, develop contacts with media, influencers, and community leaders
- Assist in leading a diverse team of professional consultants that specialize in media, communication, marketing, and design
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content
- Manage presence at industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Develop and manage budget for communications team and ensure compliance
- Communicate with members on a regular basis to announce and promote all IBMA activities; create and distribute IBMA news (e.g., website, newsletter)
- Develop and market association campaigns; maintain industry and association partnerships
- Manage program, publications, photography, and layout for IBMA events
- Generate graphics for communications
- Act as IBMA staff liaison for assigned member committees and task forces
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency with communication technologies
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, and Google Analytics, impeccable copywriting, and copy-editing abilities
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Experience working with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, flexible, and adaptable
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
- Experience managing digital content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in media relations a plus
- Working knowledge of bluegrass music and stakeholders, as well as an overall understanding of the broader music industry a plus
The salary range for the position is $40,000 – $50,000. This figure does not include IBMA’s benefits package of vacation, health, vision, dental insurance, and a matching percentage toward a 401k retirement account.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Pat Morris, Executive Director
International Bluegrass Music Association